November 13, 2016

Random Scandal Sheet for Sunday 11/13/16

What southern Florida is talking about this week:

... election protests.

Yeah, I know, there's already even a backlash about that backlash ... but it hasn't even been a week yet, and the last I checked, there wasn't a time limit on the stages of grief (for that percentage of the public that is grieving).

Of course, gloaters gotta gloat, so there will be fuel for the fire for a bit longer (from that percentage that is gloating).  And the Facebook sure is burning!  I can't wait to see who's left standing when the racism has settled (oh who am I kidding ... that's not gonna happen any time soon).

Where do *I* stand?  I believe that people have the right to protest.  I'm not so much a fan of the looting.  I think that there are worse things ahead, though, and I think that the passion that I'm seeing best last until there's a specific action to protest (oh who am I kidding ... specific actions to protest).

And finally the explanation to this picture.  It's from Publix.  They have those privacy screens that they use for magazine cover content that might be objectionable.  Normally when I go through the line, I take them and hide them because they are often covering up a tiny bit of cleavage, and I make the executive decision that it's okay for the world to see boobies.  This weekend, when I went through the line, I decided that a privacy cover was the perfect thing to put in front of the People magazines for the week, which feature a photo of the Donald as "President".

Objectionable is in the eye of the beholder ...

FACEBOOK IS BURNING!:
http://www.chicagotribune.com/lifestyles/ct-facebook-election-reaction-family-1109-20161109-story.html

GRIEF AND HEALING DIFFER PER PERSON:
http://www.journeythroughloss.com/stages-of-grief-how-long-does-it-last/

THE LAST TIME THESE PRIVACY COVERS GOT MENTIONED:
http://capcognition.blogspot.com/2014/12/random-soapbox-for-saturday-12614.html


No comments:

Post a Comment