February 21, 2016

Random Scandal Sheet for Sunday 2/21/16

What southern Florida is talking about this week:

"We stand together" .... also known as the slogan attached to the police sponsored free bbq in the parking lot next to the site of two murder instances (of three people) in the last few months.

I posted previously about the 67 year old man who was bludgeoned to death after attempting to stand up to drug dealers in the parking lot across the street ... but it is also true that, a few months after his death, two kids (18 and 19) were found shot to death -- on the same property.

I'm attuned to all the drama because of my daily lunch walks (which have been on hold since my knee issues sent me to the doctor), but the area is nine blocks away ... so it's unclear to me whether it's my 'hood or whether it's just 'hood adjacent to me.  Regardless, I did walk past today toward the end of the "meet your police" shindig this afternoon (I didn't eat any food in case I live too far away), and snapped this photo of the po-po horses that sometimes patrol the FTL.

Regardless, here's hoping that all of the murders can be solved and the boys-on-bikes drug scourge can be stopped ... so that the gentrification of the ghetto can continue as started.  Only time will tell ...

THE FIRST MURDER:
http://capcognition.blogspot.com/2015/11/random-scandal-sheet-for-sunday-11115.html

THE NEXT TWO MURDERS:
http://www.sun-sentinel.com/local/broward/fort-lauderdale/fl-lauderdale-bodies-found-folo-20160106-story.html

THE POLICE RESPONSE:
https://nextdoor.com/agency-post/fl/fort-lauderdale/fort-lauderdale-police-department/we-stand-together-community-cookout-youre-invited-21416374/

No comments:

Post a Comment