February 22, 2016

Random Memorial for Monday 2/22/16

Gone but not forgotten:  the great exercise ban of 2015-2016.

In other news, this unisex mountain bike of a Huffy is now parked in the batcave (because they are high theft items in my 'hood and so it can't be stored outside).

If you haven't been following along, I'm on a long term weight loss journey that's about habit and routine change, but I ramped up a little bit too quickly in the fall when I tried "jogging whilst fat", which is bad for the knees of someone like me.  An xray, an MRI and a few trips to the knee doc later, and the time during which I couldn't do what I was doing has come to an end.  (It actually was last month at this time, but only for swimming, which I've never learned how to do.)

Next month, I'm permitted to do my daily walking (a half hour starting Mar 15, and back to the full hour Apr 15) ... but *now* I can start biking.  Although, truth be told, my doctor actually preferred me to bike on stationary equipment because the drivers down here aren't very bicycle-friendly ... but I live close enough to two parks so I should be able to mitigate that risk by spending more time in them than on the roads getting there.

One last thought -- those of you who know me from waaaaay back, know that it's a good thing that riding a bike is like ... well... riding a bike ... because that used to be my only mode of transportation.  It's how I got to work -- whether work was McDonald's or Hills and whether home was at the Woodwards or six miles away on the LVC campus ... whether the weather was sunny, windy, rainy or snowy ... whether it was June or December ... whether it was 1989, 1990 or 1991.

All these recent weeks where I put the pounds back on that I had lost because I couldn't execute my plan ... you will be NOT be missed (and neither will the pounds that should also start dropping off again, if all goes well).

WHERE "LIKE RIDING A BIKE" CAME FROM:
http://little-details.livejournal.com/2386898.html

LOCAL BIKING OPTIONS:
http://www.broward.org/PARKS/THINGSTODO/Pages/Bicycling.aspx

TIME TO FIT MY BIKE:
http://www.mountain-bike-buzz.com/mountain-bike-fit.html


No comments:

Post a Comment