September 20, 2016

Random Tune for Tuesday 9/20/16

Courtesy of the power of the google search (and boy is that thing powerful), I already know that the song that will eventually appear linked below was featured before on this blog.  With 3000 some posts, there's bound to be a repeat of sorts every now and then.

The reasoning was different, though, on July 8 of 2014.  At that time, I was featuring a college era mixed tape soundtrack.  At this time, I'm back to the trash can to see what cassette is being discarded tonight (not for judgmental reasons, but because I happen to also have the CD in the music collection) ... and it's time for the 1977 Eagles release of 'One of These Nights' ... which includes the tune with these favorite lyrics of mine:

And when you're looking for your freedom
(Nobody seems to care)
And you can't find the door
(Can't find it anywhere)
When there's nothing to believe in
Still you're coming back, you're running back
You're coming back for more

Indeed ... "put me on a highway and show me a sign" and you best bet that I'm going to "take it to the limit one more time".

YOU KNOW I'VE ALWAYS BEEN A DREAMER:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LFQMk6WWcoM

No comments:

Post a Comment