September 26, 2016

Random Memorial for Monday 9/26/16

Gone but not forgotten:  the Arnold Palmer.

Now I'm not blaming Xarelto per se ... but I do think Kevin Nealon should watch his back (or his front ... specifically his heart).

I have to admit ... my connection to Arnold probably begins and ends with knowing about (and always enjoying) his cool and refreshing eponymous drink.  I mean, after all, I was only two years old when he wad inducted into the World Golf Hall of Fame.

However, I was first exposed to golf as a sport in college courtesy of my main roommate (Jon M), and my golf education continued these last two decades for obvious (to some) reasons -- so I knew he was a Pennsylvanian, and I knew he started a TV channel, and I know that he was one of the great ones who gave his all and lived virtually scandal free (I won't mention the big one here ... you'll have to google it yourself if you care enough to do so at this time) -- which is so far removed from the lifestyles of today's modern athletes.

You who learned that the perfect mix was 2/3 tea and 1/3 lemonade (note:  it's NOT a half and half as so many of you think) ... you will be missed.

THE PALMER LEGACY:
http://www.cbssports.com/golf/news/arnold-palmers-illustrious-career-and-lasting-legacy-in-a-snapshot/

THE PALMER DRINK LEGACY:
https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/early-lead/wp/2016/09/26/the-story-behind-how-arnold-palmer-invented-his-famous-drink-the-arnold-palmer/

SPEAKING OF DEAD GOLFERS:
http://golf.about.com/od/historyofgolf/tp/22-Champion-Golfers-Who-Died-Tragic-Early-Deaths.htm

No comments:

Post a Comment