September 25, 2016

L V C || C L Memory 12


In ONLY 12 days, I'll be back on campus at my alma-mater at an extra special homecoming as Lebanon Valley College continues celebrating its 150th birthday.  In honor of that countdown, here's memory #12:  the retirement of President Synodinus!

Now I'm not necessarily saying that he left *because* I finally graduated and he couldn't stand the thought of LVC without me ... but I *am* saying that our timelines overlapped -- in the best way possible, because he was an advocate of the arts, came to see many of our shows, took the time to know about the personal stories of his students and set the college on a path toward the new millennium.

I was so fond of his leadership that I reached out to him upon hearing the news to share my appreciation for what he had done for "my" undergard .. and, true to his classy form, I received the personal note of acknowledgement.  

Looking back, his arrival early on in the decade and his departure near the end nicely bookended the majority of my LVC experience.

No comments:

Post a Comment