September 26, 2016

L V C || C L Memory 11


In ONLY 11 days, I'll be back on campus at my alma-mater at an extra special homecoming as Lebanon Valley College continues celebrating its 150th birthday.  In honor of that countdown, here's memory #11:  the reprise of my LVC studies.

I liked it so much ... I couldn't stay away!

Or, in actuality ... I started night law school, had a crisis of confidence, took a leave of absence from Widener, got a phone call from the student loan folks asking what I was doing and when I wanted to start paying them back, found out that if I went back to school I could postpone that activity ... and bing, bang, boom ... I was matriculated back at LVC.

This time was different ... as seen by my much more consistently good grades ... and because I was just going to campus classes as a true commuter.  When it was over, though, I had both '95 AND '00 after my name on the alumni mailings from my school ... and I had a third piece of paper ... and I could say that I both opened AND closed the decade of the nineties as an LVC student.  

Said another way ... of the twenty semesters in that time frame, I belonged to LVC and LVC to me for fourteen of them!

No comments:

Post a Comment