September 27, 2016

Random Tune for Tuesday 9/27/16

For only the 10th time since I started this blog back in 2009 (!?!), I'm dusting off an (obviously) occasional series called "Country Music has the best ... lyrics ... ever".

Tonight's entry is so bold as to even call itself the "perfect country and western song" ... because it includes a bonus verse (and who doesn't love a bonus verse) that finds a way to feature trains, trucks, prison and gettin' drunk -- also known as the key ingredients for country songs.

Of course, I did have to go back to "classic" country ... when I was only three years old ... to find the David Allen Coe version of "You Never Even Called Me By Name".  I was prompted to do so after hearing it on a recent Thursday (that's the day for the Music Choice Classic Country station when I'm here working from home) ... but listening back to it tonight, I realize that I hear a snippet of it any time that we're playing cards with Shirly P (darlin').

Be sure to stick around for the grand finale (and just try not to shout it out loud):

Well, I was drunk the day my mom got out of prison
And I went to pick her up in the rain
But before I could get to the station in my pickup truck
She got runned over by a damned old train

THE BEST ... LYRICS ... EVER:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vAOVRkSCWmg


No comments:

Post a Comment