September 30, 2016

Random Flashback for Friday 9/30/16

Tonight's theme for the 20th batch of photos of my father's that I inherited when he passed (yep ... we're up to 100 and there are many more batches to go) ... is "LateFifties" -- with a few from a holiday get together in the new year for 1957, and two more random pics to close out the decade ...

#96 -- "supper time" written on the back -- the family feast table AFTER the meal when the adults are left drinking coffee, the younger kids are all playing and the older kids stick behind staring longingly at the can of Reddi-whip (stamped Jan 57)
#97 -- "Darlene helping me to unwrap my present" written on the back -- my grandma (dad's mom Esther) getting help from Darlene, who is my dad's brother Junior's daughter ... (stamped Jan 57)
#98 -- "full house" written on back -- with many many kids and one adult having taken over the living room (and that looks like Jessica N to me in the chair on the left ... but it's the wrong decade for her to be in the photo!)
#99 -- summer flowers in front of sheet drying on the line at ye olde homestead ... (stamped Aug 23 of '58 on the back)
#100 --  "Bonnie Lynn Cauler" ... new baby! ... except I don't know whether this Bonnie is family (since the last name Cauler doesn't mean anything to me) or just a friend of the family (as I suspect)




No comments:

Post a Comment