September 29, 2016

L V C || C L Memory 8


In ONLY 8 days, I'll be back on campus at my alma-mater at an extra special homecoming as Lebanon Valley College continues celebrating its 150th birthday.  In honor of that countdown, here's memory #8:  the top 5 TASTES of LVC ...

I saved something special for the final ten entries ... including a mini-countdown within the countdown for each of the senses.  Tonight, it's all about the tastes that will forever be associated with my time at LVC ...

#5 ... having to resort to whatever goodies could be gotten out of the MaryGreen vending machines seeing as how there were few choices once the dining room closed (although the Coke machine in that basement had a tendency to spit out extras) ...

#4 ... driving to Funck's in the late late night in order to break up an all-nighter (even though it often meant that you'd abandon the study-until-daybreak approach once you got the food in you) ...

#3 ... ordering from Napoli's because they were close enough to deliver (and the cheeseburger subs -- even better than the pizza!) ...

#2 ... eating the cake that VP of finance D Fullam made for me the day I "paid off" my college bill (how did I NOT get a picture of that!) ... 

... and, as implied in the photo image accompanying this post (although I'm not certain that Andy P and friends actually had them on their trays), the #1 TASTE of LVC ...

... picking up the
 guaranteed item off the a la carte side of the order line in the dining hall -- available at every single meal -- the campus grilled cheese (which I know well having made hundreds of them during the time I had campus study work in the kitchen).

No comments:

Post a Comment