September 30, 2016

L V C || C L Memory 7


In ONLY 7 days (that's NEXT Friday night!),  I'll be back on campus at my alma-mater at an extra special homecoming as Lebanon Valley College continues celebrating its 150th birthday.  In honor of that countdown, here's memory #7:  the top 5 TOUCHES of LVC ...

I saved something special for the final ten entries ... including a mini-countdown within the countdown for each of the senses.  Tonight, it's all about the "touches" (the "feels"?) that will forever be associated with my time at LVC ...

#5 ... Rich G's ass "touching" the bottom panel of the door in the fellowship room in the basement of the chapel during one of our murder mysteries when our brotherly characters were having a brotherly fight and I threw him through it (in a brotherly way) ...

#4 ... my feet "touching" the cold cold floor of the dorm room bathrooms first thing in the morning because I never had shower shoes (but it did serve to wake a person right up) ...

#3 ... my hands "touching" a number of cheeks (on the face) when I went through a "light slap phase" with my friends (that thankfully ended without me getting assaulted in return) ...

#2 ... the hands of all the theatre folks "touching" a bucket full of elephant cum (the colloquial name for the gooey mixture of pasty muslin used to unite "flats" on stage to create a seamless wall in a set design)

... and, as shown in the photo image accompanying this post, the #1 TOUCH of LVC ...

... my hand "touching" the hand of President Synodinus on the stage of the graduation ceremony for the traditional handshake signifying the end of all things college in 1995 (until I came back again a few years later for more).

No comments:

Post a Comment