August 23, 2016

Random Tune for Tuesday 8/23/16

It almost pains me to throw away something so old (the cassette in the trash can tonight was only released one year after I was released from my momma's privates) ... but that's the way this whole thing works, with me throwing out the cassettes for which I also already have the CD in my music collection.

So in the trash can Eagles 'Desperado' must go.

And it's what I was referring to a month ago as the so-called 'summer of Celine' was ending and I promised that a "group of artists" would be featured next (except I forgot I had a Taylor Dayne album that fit in between alphabetically).

As for which of the oh so classic songs to pick for tonight's tune?  I'm going to skip over all the most well known ones (like Desperado, Saturday Night and the Desperado/Doolin Dalton reprise -- all great choices in and of themselves), and go for the one with a message we all need to hear sometimes:  "Son, don't wade too deep in bitter creek".

AND THERE AIN'T NO CAUSE TO WEEP ... AT BITTER CREEK:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4R68eQ6rqV0

No comments:

Post a Comment