August 22, 2016

L V C || C L Memory 46


In 46 days, I'll be back on campus at my alma-mater at an extra special homecoming as Lebanon Valley College continues celebrating its 150th birthday.  In honor of that countdown, here's memory #46:  IN MEMORIAM:  Richard M Wilson.

I've mentioned his name before in this countdown, as he was more than just the external choreographer for our school musicals ... he was also someone who was a big part of the evening that I directed at LVC when it was my turn (see the late 70's in this series for more information).

And ... as I was reminded when I looked through the recent batch of "missing" files, he was someone with whom I kept in regular communication long after our show together.  He made me feel distinguished, because he responded with letters that were typed.  On his *own* stationery!

That's him in the press clipping -- both with the white hair and beard ... and in the picture on his wall with his family from when he was younger.

No comments:

Post a Comment