July 26, 2016

Random Tune for Tuesday 7/26/16

Summer's not over yet ... but tonight concludes the summer of Celine (in my trash can).

It's the fourth entry of hers in my discarded cassettes series, which is the way I'm finally moving past some of my hoarding issues and throwing out any tapes that I *also* have on CD.

There were so many songs about love from which to choose as tonight's tune ... which makes complete sense from an album called 'Let's Talk About Love'.  I was *this* close to picking the optimistic 'Love Is On The Way' ballad to feature ... but instead decided for the slightly feistier 'To Love You More' statement-song about competing with a lover's other lover, mostly because I'm a sucker for the strings accompaniment.  (I know I said the same thing about the horn accompaniment a few weeks back ... so maybe I just like high drama in my pop songs.)

In two weeks, I'll move on to another artist ...which will actually be a GROUP of artists ... but that's for next time.

I'LL BE WAITING FOR YOU:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SMRs61AOduE

No comments:

Post a Comment