July 29, 2016

Random Flashback for Friday 7/29/16

One last picture from the dog days of summer ... of 1996.

I've already talked about DJ's dog Shelby, and Erik's dog Sasha in previous posts ... and I explained that it's as true today as it was twenty years ago:  I am much more of a fan of all the animals than I am of the rest of us humans on most days.

To be clear, I'm not saying that about their guardians, because Monty, shown here, was Ben's dog -- and Ben was a human with whom I got along pretty well (most days).  As I recall, Monty wasn't as interested in going for walks like Shelby, but he was just as happy to greet me when I stopped by.

And in the summer of 1996, I was stopping by his house a lot.

He was hard core when it came to the ladies (a regular Houdini at getting out of his crate at the first scent of another dog in heat in the house), and I remember the one time I slept over, he insisted on being up at my head, chasing away the other dogs to other positions because that was *his* spot as man of the house.  Good ole Monty ...

No comments:

Post a Comment