July 29, 2016

L V C || C L Memory 70


In 70 days, I'll be back on campus at my alma-mater at an extra special homecoming as Lebanon Valley College continues celebrating its 150th birthday.  In honor of that countdown, here's memory #70:  skipping right past this ad in the college paper in October 1991.

Eventually, I would take the LSAT ... and head to law school ... but during my junior year, I hadn't yet locked down those plans.  So I probably skimmed right over this advertisement.

Funny thing ... once I was done with all my schooling (a decade later in 2001), and after a move to Chicago and a dalliance with a bank, this company Kaplan ending up being my career.  So I when saw this when reviewing all these old files, I had to smile.

Actually, my friend and former co-worker Kerrilee D ran this particular center in Allentown ... although in 1991, I'm pretty sure she was still in high school and someone else was placing these ads in small town PA college and university school papers ...

No comments:

Post a Comment