July 28, 2016

L V C || C L Memory 71


In 71 days, I'll be back on campus at my alma-mater at an extra special homecoming as Lebanon Valley College continues celebrating its 150th birthday.  In honor of that countdown, here's memory #71:  making my first political donation and *almost* getting radicalized by Ralph Reed.

As I've previously disclosed, I was a young Republican in college -- which, in the middle of central PA wasn't necessarily a courageous choice ... but more like one to be expected from a boy whose first known President was Ronald Reagan and who lived in a part of the country where Democrats held few offices.

That being said, I was still somewhat surprised to see that a family friend had tried to get me to join Students for America, a Ralph Reed PAC with a focus on keeping Jesse Helms elected.  Luckily, I didn't do anything but review the starter kit ... seemed like maybe I dodged a radicalization bullet there ... and I just donated and rallied and stuffed envelopes to help get a local judge elected.

It was my introduction to politics, and it came courtesy of connections from dear old LVC.

No comments:

Post a Comment