May 31, 2016

Random Tune for Tuesday 5/31/16

So I already took out the trash today ... which is why tonight's discarded cassette (of something I already also have as a CD in the music collection) is in the *bathroom* trash can.

As for the tune to choose from '#1s' -- the *first* compilation album from Ms. Carey (formerly Mrs. Cannon ... formerly formerly Mrs. Mattola) ... not to be confused with the similar sounding '#1s to Infinty' -- the *last* compilation album that is practically identical ... I'm going with the duet between Whitney and Mariah ... the one that won an Academy Award.

Growing up when I did, it's a song that reminds me of what once was for both of these performers ... before the declines and identity crises and breakdowns and fatal baths (you'll have to decide who belongs to which category).  If nothing else, listen to it again for how competitive the divas were in trying to get the last note in to end the song (you can't tell me all those runs were "arranged") ... or also for the uplifting message.

THERE CAN BE MIRACLES WHEN YOU BELIEVE:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LKaXY4IdZ40

No comments:

Post a Comment