May 31, 2016

L V C || C L Memory 129


In 129 days, I'll be back on campus at my alma-mater at an extra special homecoming as Lebanon Valley College continues celebrating its 150th birthday.  In honor of that countdown, here's memory #129:  my college ID (and a mystery that goes along with it).

The ID is straightforward enough ... the mystery is that it's the only one I have, yet the last sticker on it was from the Spring of 1992 (we used the same ID over and over again, just getting new stickers).  And I'm guessing that bright yellow one was for the Arnold Sports Center (although I was more academic than athletic, so that might have been superfluous).

So my question is ... did we no longer have IDs after 1992 (I was a student up until 1995 ... and then again from 1998-2000)?  Was it just a small enough campus that we all knew each other after awhile?  I feel like I would have remembered if we had been micro-chipped in our sleep.  

[Note ... my hunch is that the main purpose of the ID was for meal planning ... and that meal planning went electronic that year ... but I'm not 100% sure of that conclusion (the back of the ID does have another chart sticker on it).]

No comments:

Post a Comment