December 30, 2015

Random Wordplay for Wednesday 12/30/15

Schlonged.

Used in a sentence:  "Dear old LVC, and specifically professors Norton and Brown (RIP):  I regret to inform you that the recent turn of campaign events has highlighted a deficiency in my undergrad political science education .. namely the failure to be informed by you that schlonged is a well known, often used, frequently referenced concept in politics."

To be fair, I have checked the texts used in all of my classes (as I never was much of one to discard books of any kind that came into my life, so yes ... I still have them all), and not a single one includes schlongs, schlonged or schlongings in any index or chapter heading or title ... so it might not be appropriate to place blame on you as the resources you were using were clearly out of date and/or not approved by Trump.

So in the end, I'm not going to do something drastic like return my degree or make demands of the administration ... but I *am* going to take this opportunity to consider this development as "continuing education" and I trust that the current political science department is working diligently to see to that their students are appropriately schlonged.  I mean ... appropriately educated about how to be schlonged.  I mean ... appropriately educated about how NOT to be schlonged.  I mean ... I don't know what I mean any more ...

SCHLONGED:  A HISTORICAL PERSPECTIVE:
http://www.politico.com/magazine/story/2015/12/donald-trump-schlong-perils-of-vulgarity-213459

SCHLONGED:  A LINGUISTIC PERSPECTIVE:
https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/morning-mix/wp/2015/12/22/donald-trumps-schlonged-a-linguistic-investigation/

SCHLONGED:  A VERBING PERSPECTIVE:
http://ccat.sas.upenn.edu/~haroldfs/family/verbing.html


No comments:

Post a Comment