December 29, 2015

Random Tune for Tuesday 12/29/15

This did not happen because Mariah's 'All I Want for Christmas' was bumped off the top of the holiday playlist this year (for the Shins' cover of 'Wonderful Christmastime', according to PlayNetwork and interwebs).

This also did not happen because I'm "over" the holidays.  On the contrary, until the tree comes down ... Christmas music is fair game for the playlist at ye new olde homestead.

Instead, this happened because it's part of my ongoing discarded cassettes series, seeing as how I *also* have the CD in my collection ... and seeing as how I'm finally okay with a slight purge of my belongings (slight being the operative word).

True to form, the tune I'll feature from this album is one of the melancholy ones (because sadness and the holidays are inextricably intertwined) ... a classic tune that reminds me of classic Carey (before she got so eccentric/loopy) ... a song she likely sings to her baby daddy around this time of year (what?  too soon?).

ALL YEAR LONG I COULD CARE LESS ... BUT ...:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vAOIC737e_k

No comments:

Post a Comment