December 22, 2015

Random Tune for Tuesday 12/22/15

And ... the Dead Celebrity Tune Trilogy continues ... with the second of three tunes at the end of the year from celebrities who passed in 2015.

You haven't heard of it?  I've been doing it for seven years ... so where you been?

The 2015 edition kicked off two weeks ago with a song from Maureen O'Hara ... and tonight, it's Percy Sledge's turn.  Anyone else might have selected the uber-popular 'When A Man Loves A Woman' to feature (which, sadly, being a child of the 80's, I first learned as a Bolton song) ... but once I saw that he covered 'Whiter Shade of Pale' (which, happily, I first learned as a Lennox song ... despite it being originally a Procol Harum song), I knew *that* was the tune for tonight.

The trilogy closes in two weeks ... who will be the third?

WHO *HASN'T* SKIPPED THE LIGHTS FANDANGO AT LEAST ONCE?:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P04QGS78QdQ

No comments:

Post a Comment