December 1, 2015

Random Tune for Tuesday 12/1/15

More authentic views of the trash can at ye old homestead ... which means more discarded cassettes ... and more Aerosmith (to continue the theme from just the other week).

Tonight's cassette going in the garbage (because the CD is also a part of my musical collection) is the mid-nineties greatest hits+ collection entitled 'Big Ones'.  (One can never accuse Steven Tyler and the boys of being subtle in their double entendre efforts.)

The reason for the + behind the word hits in the earlier sentence ... this collection included three songs not previously released.  And it's one of *those* that I'll feature tonight as I say goodbye to the designated music delivery channel device of my youth.

It doesn't necessarily provide me with any deeper meaning ... or enlighten my existence in any way in particular ... and if I can look the other way regarding some of the aforementioned double entendres that may mean this song is about "heading toward climax" with someone ... it surely is a fun one to crank up on a long drive and sing along ... about a "'Blind Man' ... who taught me how to see!"

BECAUSE A HERE COME THE SUN & WE'LL BE CHASING ALL THE CLOUDS AWAY:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B0JLFcbtqvs

No comments:

Post a Comment