December 11, 2015

Random Flashback for Friday 12/11/15

Twenty years ago, this photo was slipped into a Christmas card that was sent to me ... and so it made it into my 1995 photo album.

However, the rest of that story is a bit of mystery.

Clearly it was sent to me for the sign's proximity to my last name (it's spelled more authentically German than mine is, thanks to those screw-ups at Ellis Island [who still let my forebears into the country ... so, you know .. no offense or anything]).

And on the back, the person who sent it to me wrote Wein, Austria ... so I know it was someone whom I knew that was in Vienna two decades ago.  My best hunch is that it was one of my semester abroad classmates ... who maybe had returned to explore more of Europe and came across something that reminded them of me (because, you know, I'm memorable and all that).

Finally ... I don't know for sure exactly what these Neidermeyers were selling in their store (although a modern day google search turns up closed electronics stores with signs of the same color scheme).  If it were stateside, I'd feel more confident that it was chicken of some kind (the family business for the generations immediately before me).

Doesn't get much more random that that now, does it?


No comments:

Post a Comment