December 10, 2015

Random Thought for Thursday 12/10/15

I never know exactly what I'm going to find as I go through the on-demand documentaries on PBS, CNN, Al Jazeera, History and H2 (I've convinced myself that they are the yin to my reality show yang in my search for balance within my addiction to television).

So today it was 90 minutes about how someone stole the brain of Albert Einstein (see link below/to follow).  More mind-blowing though (half a pun, somewhat intended), was learning that Albert was the inspiration for Yoda AND for ET (as in the little alien who was trying so hard to phone home).

[Correction -- whilst searching for my companion links, it seems as if the ET creation was a mash up of Einstein, poet Carl Sandburg and a pug (and maybe also Ernest Hemmingway and a cat?).]

Kismetically (probably not a word ... but it is now!), I had this cut-out from one of the local bar rags in my posting queue (yes, I have a posting queue), so it seems like the perfect image to accompany tonight's post ... and some perfect credos for a life more intelligently lived.  (What I don't know for sure is whether these were taken from within the folds of his stolen brain, all fortune cookie style ...)

WHERE MY BRAIN AT?:
http://phenomena.nationalgeographic.com/2014/04/21/the-tragic-story-of-how-einsteins-brain-was-stolen-and-wasnt-even-special/

INSPIRATION FOR ME, ALBERT WAS, YES?:
http://www.neatorama.com/2008/09/10/6-things-inspired-by-einstein/

SPEAKING OF ET:
http://www.buzzfeed.com/briangalindo/20-fascinating-facts-about-et-the-extra-terrestrial#.liAWWDpkz

No comments:

Post a Comment