September 8, 2015

Random Tune for Tuesday 9/8/15

Tonight has the most authentically dirty trash can yet for this ongoing series known as "discarded cassettes" (cassettes that find themselves in said trash can because I already also have the exact same thing on the CD ... but not digitally, because ... you know ... I'm not some young kid).

Tonight also has yet another impossible choice for me to make ... to choose just one selection off of a greatest hits album for a duo that simply didn't put out non-great hits at any time.

It should be no surprise that I naturally gravitate toward the late 80's (a formative time in my personal development), and so, in the end, the tune from the Eurythmics featured tonight will be the one released in the summer of 1986 that went on to win a Grammy.

And the one that included a super swell harmonica AND this classic lyric:

Well I was born an original sinner.
I was borne from original sin.
And if I had a dollar bill
For all the things I've done
There'd be a mountain of money
Piled up to my chin

I'VE GOT A MESSAGE FOR YOU THAT YOU BETTER BELIEVE...BELIEVE...BELIEVE:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0-Q3cp3cp88

No comments:

Post a Comment