September 1, 2015

Random Tune for Tuesday 9/1/15

If I were still in college ... and if Ms. Clarkson had been born back then ... (OK ... she *was* apparently born in the early 80's and I went to college [the first few times] in the early *90's* ... but she wasn't releasing albums in that timeframe) ... it may just be that *this* song would have been my go-to when I was looking to get myself all riled up instead of Don Henley's 'I Will Not Go Quietly'.

Of course, I'ma not about comparing artists or even choosing favorites from within one particular artist's collection ... I'ma just saying that there's something uplifting about a song that trumpets how "it's the low that makes the high so sweet" and that taunts the haters with the knowledge that "you can hate me, underestimate me ... do what you do cause what you do don't phase me ... just when you think I'm at the end, any second I'ma catch my second wind"!

[If you know the song, then you also know why I sprinkled three "I'ma"s throughout that last paragraph.  And come to think of it, "I will not go quietly" probably was just perfect to get fired up when I was younger, and tonight's selection suits a more mellowed aged me.]

YOU.  CAN'T.  FORGET ABOUT ME!:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B7-EOUc1R4A

No comments:

Post a Comment