August 6, 2015

Random Thought for Thursday 8/7/15

A few thoughts ...

... thanks to the debate planners for scheduling tonight's festivities on the final night that Jon Stewart is on the air ... what a gift!

... thanks to the debate planners for creating a "kiddies table" separate debate concept ... I'm hoping when I watch it in a few moments, it was set up exactly like this accompanying image.

... thanks to the debate planners for including the Trump in tonight's event.  Saturday Night Live is off for the summer and just in reruns, but I figure that "Live ... from Cleveland ... it's Thursday Night Live!" is going to be just as enjoyable.

... thanks to the political process.  Lookit -- I've supported Republicans, Democrats and Independents in my lifetime.  I've gone on record as being fascinated by the concept of a third party, except that I was a poli sci major so I know that third parties are generally cults of personality or driven by a single issue, which is usually their downfall.  But more than anything, and despite some gentle ribbing, the debates are an exciting part of watching our democracy play out.  (Sure, the cynical might say that the outcome is a foregone conclusion with money ultimately determining the winner ... but let me watch tonight's activities through my rose colored glasses, please ...)

Bring on the master debaters!

TO THE KIDDIE TABLE YOU GUYS:
http://www.nbcnews.com/politics/2016-election/gop-candidates-react-being-excluded-primetime-debate-n404171

DEBATE PROGNOSTICATORS ON WHAT TO EXPECT:
http://www.nbcnews.com/meet-the-press/first-read-what-expect-tonights-gop-debate-n405066

ON THE SUBJECT OF THE KIDDIE TABLE:
http://elitedaily.com/life/culture/kiddie-table-reigns-supreme-thanksgiving/863686/

No comments:

Post a Comment