August 7, 2015

Random Flashback for Friday 8/7/15

So ... once upon a time ... I was involved in a volunteer organization called HOBY (if you've regularly seen these flashbacks on Fridays, it comes up a few times a year for these years of two decades ago).

I represented our high school and attended as a sophomore back in 1987, and then was the designated PMA person one year (that's Positive Mental Attitude ... and yes, it was an honor and yes, every event should have one), and then served as a counselor, and then sat on the board, and then I had to back out at the last minute one year and my relationship with them ended.

But back in 1995, things were going just fine and I was also heading up a HOBY alumni chapter in central PA ... and this was the picnic a bunch of us had that summer ... at South Hills Park back in my hometown of Lebanon.  A picnic and a bunch of people ... all OUTSTANDING (that's an inside reference ... and a bit of my PMA training shining through ...)

No comments:

Post a Comment