August 29, 2015

Random Soapbox for Saturday 8/29/15

I don't mean to go off on a rant here, but ...

... this Trolli "sour tooth" ad is giving me nightmares.

Maybe it's a sign of my old(er) age, and maybe the expected customer is supposed to enjoy the weirdness of a commercial where a smiley toothy man reaches into his mouth to yank out his extreme sour tooth, a older gentleman in kabuki makeup of unknown ethnicity with a thick accent who slaps him upside the head. yelling "you LIKE-a the sour?" multiple times.

I've had a tooth or two pulled in my day, and part of me now wonders if there are little men from my mouth out wreaking havoc in the world ... and the rest of me struggles to sleep at night for fear that the little guys still in there are going to take advantage of me while I'm unconscious, accosting (or worse yet, molesting) me as I rest.

And heaven help any older gentleman in kabuki makeup of unknown ethnicity with a thick accent whom I run into on the street, because my policy will be to slap first and ask questions later.

(Is this what the slow descent into madness is supposed to feel like?)

THE COMMERCIAL GIVING ME THE NIGHTMARES:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w6MHw_SzNYA

MORE ANIMATION BLOOPERS TO GIVE YOU NIGHTMARES:
http://www.dorkly.com/post/71752/these-cgi-blooper-gifs-will-haunt-your-nightmares#item-1

SPEAKING OF BAD ADVERTISING:
http://www.cbsnews.com/news/the-10-worst-advertising-fiascos-of-all-time-starting-with-tiger-woods/

No comments:

Post a Comment