August 28, 2015

Random Flashback for Friday 8/28/15

Just one more (set of) picture(s) from the way it was ... twenty years ago ... in 1995 ... at the townhouse (aka 705 Greentree Village in Lebanon PA).

Of course, if you were one of our frequent visitors, then you were used to seeing Catwoman and Batman at the bottom and the top of the stairs (respectively).  There's also a giant sized Penguin, but I honestly don't remember where he was in this apartment.  (He might have been right next to Batman and I just didn't get a picture of him ...)

They came from Hills Department Store, where I was working at the time of the release of 'Batman Returns' in 1992, where they once hung from the ceiling of the Bat-shop in the front of the store at that time.

AND ... I STILL HAVE THEM.

Sure enough, they are a part of my bat-collection in my bat-cave that has grown over the years, although they still are the biggest things of that kind in that mix of collectibles.  Of course, the edges have become a little more "edgy" over the years, and at least one of them has a baseball bat wound (Guinness and baseball bats and young person angst aren't a very good mix).

But yes indeed, from apartment to apartment and house to house and state to state, they have made the move with me, an ever present reminder of my bat-past.


No comments:

Post a Comment