August 9, 2015

Random Scandal Sheet for Sunday 8/9/15

What southern Florida is talking about this week:

Had I succeeded in posting this *before* 9:30am, I would have commented about how "fun" it is that menstrual "humor" is now front and center in the national news (and have thanked the Trump for that whilst reminding him that Presidents are allowed to say "vagina" instead of the more colloquial "wherever").

But I didn't ... and at 9:30am, I got a robocall informing me that the town I lived in was under a boil water alert because some e coli was found in the system last Friday (thanks for the timely notice there, eh?).

And so today was about hoping the dishwasher water is HOT enough to kill off any extra bugs, and replacing the liquid in the pet gravity water bowls with newly purchased bottled water, and picking up some ice since ice cubes made from spigot water is no longer a guaranteed safe thing ... just the usual the world is ending type stuff (I *told* you we, as a generation, are living apocalypse-adjacent).

As I said to the cashier at the grocery store, it usually only kills kids and seniors (so hopefully you have extra of each of those in your life) ... and, because I see the e coli glass as half-full, maybe my attempts at weight-loss will see escalated results in the days ahead ...  Stay tuned (and stay safe out there)!

IT MAY BE ALL OVER TOMORROW:
http://www.sun-sentinel.com/news/fl-lauderdale-boil-water-order-20150809-story.html

CURIOUS ABOUT THE E COLI?:
http://water.epa.gov/drink/contaminants/basicinformation/ecoli.cfm

WHAT *WOULD HAVE* BEEN FEATURED INSTEAD:
http://www.mum.org/humorjok.htm

No comments:

Post a Comment