July 21, 2015

Random Tune(s) for Tuesday 7/21/15

Ok folks ... back to the new occasional series called "Discarded Cassettes".  As you might recall, this image is NOT to be interpreted as a protest against Chicago (as the year is not 1968 [google it] ... or 1919 [google that] ... or any of the other years the people in my former hometown took to the streets [including after the Blackhawks won the cup ... repeatedly]), but it simply represents the fact that I finally organized the music collection such that I can discard the duplicates of the ones for which I *also* have the CD.

So tonight's tune, from this Greatest Hits collection, is a toss up between 'I Don't Want To Live Without Your Love' and 'Walk Away' ... two songs released back to back in 1988 ... which is why they make sense as the ones being most impactful to me, seeing as how that was a key year in my development (musical or otherwise).

I will say ... there's a chance that one or both of these tunes were already featured on a past Tuesday in the last few years ... but the all powerful google search feature of the blog doesn't work so well when the main search term is Chicago and you've lived there for 12 years (there were quite a few hits) ... so I guess the only fair thing to do is to link to both tonight ...

IF I HAD TO MAKE IT ON MY OWN:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kGU_-fnSQI8

IF WE MEET ON THE STREETS ON SAME DAY:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2uKLTtVqQpE

No comments:

Post a Comment