July 20, 2015

Random Memorial for Monday 7/20/15

Gone but not forgotten:  *needing* to change my address.

To be clear ... the address I call home did indeed change earlier this year (back in March, to be precise) ... but, thanks to modern technology, it seems like the task that has been on the checklist in my phone that I've been continuously deferring for ... well ... months ... doesn't actually have to be done.

It seems that the post office has embraced some kind of technology that has done this for me (after I notified them, of course) and, miraculously, all of the magazine publishers and creditors and the like somehow already know that I live on NW 6th Ave instead of NW 2nd Ave.  (I find it just as miraculous that the post office is doing something forward-thinking ...)

Since I didn't have to jump through any hoops, that means I'll consider this notice to the rest of you ... if you need to know where I live for any reason*, hmu (as the kids say [assuming the kids still say that]).

*Acceptable reasons for you needing this information include, but are not limited to:  because you intend to send me a holiday card, because you intend to send me a care package, because you are on your way over to visit (although, if that's the case, please give advance notice so that the litter box in the guest room can be cleaned) and/or because you need to put a hit out on me (what?  I'm not scurrrred [do the kids still say *that*?]).

Little paper postcards that used to have to be sent ... and dozens of phone calls that used to have to be made ... you were not needed ... and therefore you were not missed.

THE POST OFFICE TOOTING ITS OWN HORN:
https://about.usps.com/who-we-are/postal-facts/innovation-in-the-mail.htm

IT MIGHT BE TOO EARLY TO START PLANNING ... BUT REMEMBER I MOVED:
http://947thewave.cbslocal.com/2013/12/13/do-you-still-send-christmas-cards-5-reasons-you-should/

JUST LIKE BARNEY ... I'M NOT SCURRRRED:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YV1ah9iBBlE

No comments:

Post a Comment