April 21, 2015

Random Tune for Tuesday 4/21/15

So it's back to a little less structured randomness now that the 39 week countdown ended last Tuesday ...

And it's only fitting that I (re)start the randomness with a bit of a tune off of the latest release from the one and only Reba ... and although it's early, I *think* it's the one to which I'm gravitating the most (which is the language I'm comfortable using since I refuse to pick "favorites" from my favorites).

Of course it's early yet (the album's only been out a week), so I might switch from the upbeat I'm-a-survivor type message of "Livin' Ain't Killed Me Yet" to another tune over time (contenders would be the duet with Jennifer Nettles on "Enough" [somehow a sequel of sorts to both Reba's "Does He Love You" and Sugarland's "Stay" {and, like most sequels, it just doesn't pack as much of an emotional punch as the originals}] or the Rebafied version of the great story song "Love Land" [about which I'm familiar due to Martina McBride's cover of it {and during which I can still get a little choked up by the time the birthday cake candles get blown out near the end}]).

But for tonight ... it's the country take on what Cher herself recently communicated when she announced via song that we hadn't seen the last of her ... "Livin' Ain't Killed Me Yet"!

DOWN TO THE WIRE WITH MY FEET THROUGH THE FIRE:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pMtlB2SwoNk

No comments:

Post a Comment