April 20, 2015

Random Memorial for Monday 4/20/15

Gone but not forgotten:  the plant that *was* in this giant pot out front.

(And I know I just typed the word pot on 4.20, but the plant that *was* inside this item was NOT the kind that the kids use who celebrate today's holiday.)

What can I say, I got spoiled at ye olde Florida homestead, which was completely gated except for the mailbox and the swale.  Ye *new* olde Florida homestead is on the corner of a busy street, with plenty of pedestrian foot traffic, which means plenty of opportunities for random jack-douchery to occur (in addition to the plant, the front hose has also disappeared, although the nozzle was left behind).

I've previously embraced the fact that I'm bound to transition to a grumpy old man sooner rather than later, but I'm trying to resist the temptation to position myself by the window and yell at kids to get off my lawn all day (I did do it once ... which may or may not be why the plant disappeared).

On those rare moments where I can find some zen, I think that maybe someone nicked it that was so saddened by being devoid of foliage that this plant has turned them around to a happier life.  But then I quickly start thinking about replacing it with something even pricklier, or a spiny cactus, or quills dipped in strychnine (you get the idea).  Or, you know, build a fence because fences make good neighbors.

In lieu of my usual links-in-triplicate, I'll post a photo of that which is now missed ...


No comments:

Post a Comment