February 19, 2015

Random Thought for Thursday 2/19/15

Ugh.  I *hate* pulling it out early.

I mean I know, I know ... it's a "better safe than sorry" type solution to what could be an unsatisfactory experience for everyone.

But I would so much rather leave it in until just the right moment for the maximum effect.  After all, if I pull it out early, I just feel like I've wasted some of the experience.

The reality is that it's all about the perfect timing .. and who amongst us in those scenarios is anywhere close to perfect.

But still ... I am always striving to improve ... and one day soon before I get too much older and can't control it at all anymore ... I *will* figure out how to time the microwave popcorn making such that every kernel is popped.  And from that day forward -- no more pulling it out early.

[Note:  the above was my NINTH entry in my occasional creative writing series known as "Super-short sTROYies", which can all be found on the blog by clicking on that listing on the right hand menu.  Oh ... and this entry's title?  'THE PERFECT POP:  #getyourmindoutthegutter'.]

EVERYTHING IS A "HACK" NOW:
http://food-hacks.wonderhowto.com/how-to/secret-perfectly-fluffy-microwave-popcorn-isnt-popcorn-button-0151544/

THE DEVIL IS IN THE POPCORN (NO LITERALLY):
http://healyeatsreal.com/5-reasons-you-should-never-eat-microwave-popcorn/

THE OTHER EIGHT Super-short sTROYies:
http://capcognition.blogspot.com/search/label/Series%3A%20Super-short%20sTROYies

No comments:

Post a Comment