February 16, 2015

Random Memorial for Monday 2/16/15

Gone but not forgotten:  looking at chicken skin the same way ever again.

In related news ... The Walking Dead has returned!  And it turns out that some of the special effects featured on the show are created with the magical re-purposing of ... yep, you guessed it ... chicken skin.

Me -- I come from a chicken family.  My paternal grandmother used to chop their heads off in the homestead's back yard ... my one uncle used to have a Neidermyer's broasted chicken restaurant ... another uncle still sells chicken in Amish country farmers' markets ... my dad ran poultry processing plants (and met at least two of his wives there ... including the one that bore me [although that was in a hospital, not on the line]).

Point being ... instead of consuming the meat of my family with respect and deference to its place in my personal history ... it is my full intention to tear into my next piece of chicken as if I'm a walker/rotter/zombie about to chow down on a loved one.

The old way I ate my chicken, especially by those eating along with me in the vicinity, you will be missed.

OTHER ZOMBIE TIPS:
http://www.mtv.com/news/1960270/11-best-zombie-makeup-tutorials/

OTHER CHICKEN SKIN TIPS:
http://www.amateurgourmet.com/2013/03/dont-throw-out-that-chicken-skin-also-a-meditation-on-self-control-vs-self-denial.html

OTHER WALKING DEAD TIPS:
http://www.thecredits.org/2013/02/rock-n-roll-make-up-artistry-getting-to-know-the-walking-deads-jake-garber/

No comments:

Post a Comment