January 6, 2015

Random Tune for Tuesday 1/6/15

The ongoing presentation of those songs from my college era mixed tape will resume with cassette 2 on the 20th of this month ... but first, I have to complete my annual tradition:  the dead celebrity tune trilogy.

For years now, I've paused over the holidays to remember three celebrities who passed in the year that was ending.  For 2014, the trilogy kicked off last week with Robin Williams, and now continues with the dearly missed Jan Hooks, with one more to be featured next week.

When Jan passed, I previously posted what is actually my favorite tune of hers ... the mostly black and white 'Love is a Dream' with the late Phil Hartman..  So tonight I went seeking *other* images and tunes.  I was pleasantly surprised to be reminded that Jan was in the '92 Batman Returns (the quartet of films that pre-dated the Nolan trilogy), which is why the image accompanying this post has her in front of the Oswald Cobblepot posters ... and then I learned something completely new when I found this tune from Tush (a comedy showcase that pre-dated her appearances on SNL).

Bottom line ... I'm oh so grateful to the youtube so that these fine folks can live forever ...

SHE IS WOMAN, HEAR HER ROAR:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8T7i7c6WrfQ

No comments:

Post a Comment