January 17, 2015

Random Soapbox for Saturday 1/17/15

I don't mean to go off on a rant here, but ...

... I have now given up on you, Islander 7-11.

[I should probably explain ... just as I did in Chicago (see link below), I have found that my overall 7-11 experience can vary differently depending on which one I visit AND that they also each have their own cultural flavor.]

The one that is closest to me (within walking distance), has "islander" employees (I believe mostly Haitian, based on the demographic of the 'hood).  However, *that* is the store which I will no longer be visiting.

Why the ban?  Because every time I show up to have my slurpee, which is mixed Coca-Cola and Cherry, either the Coke is out and the Cherry is working or the Cherry is out and the Coke is working, resulting in a disappointing customer experience for me.  As they say, fool me once shame on me ... fool me twice shame on you.  And, really ... is there anything sadder than a boy who can't get a slurpee the way he wants it when he wants it?  [Note:  there are sadder things. I recognize that.  Don't send me nasty letters.]

From now on ... I'll drive the extra few blocks to the Redneck 7-11 just because their slurpee machines have never let me down.  Which also means that when the Redneck 7-11 sells me my winning major lottery ticket ... the loss will be yours Islander 7-11.  I'll laugh at you from the bank and I'll send you a reminder that you should've maintained your slurpee machines!

JUST OBSERVING ... NOT BEING INAPPROPRIATE:
http://capcognition.blogspot.com/2013/12/bonus-post-gbye-chicago-thing-49.html

FUN WITH IDIOMS:
http://idioms.thefreedictionary.com/Fool+me+once,+shame+on+you;+fool+me+twice,+shame+on+me

IF I HAD THIS THEN I WOULDN'T HAVE TO BE BEHOLDEN TO *ANY* 7-11:
http://www.toysrus.com/buy/kits-sets/7-11-slurpee-maker-set-6017562-12897624


No comments:

Post a Comment