December 23, 2014

Random Tune for Tuesday 12/23/14

Track 26 of 39 represents the end ...

But wait?  There are 13 more songs, those of you who know how to do simple subtraction say ... and it's true ... this was a *2* cassette mixed tape from the best years at LVC back in the early nineties ... and the first one was jam packed with 26 tunes, ending with this song.

And what a classic song to end on.  If asked what one band best represented those years, I'd say for sure Toad the Wet Sprocket (and as this image shows, it may simply have been all about the timing, seeing as how their founding year of 89 was also the year I graduated high school/started college).  And nothing says, "these things weren't taken for granted" like reliving some of the best memories over twenty years later in the weekly posts I've been doing for the last 26 weeks.

After a brief hiatus (I have my annual dead celebrity tune trilogy covering the next three weeks), this "countdown" will resume on Jan 20 of 2015 with the second cassette and the final dozen songs.  Until then ... and in the spirit of this season ... I wish for you reflection and retrospection and the peace and understanding that comes from "not taking your things for granted" ...

ONE PART OF ME JUST WANTS TO TELL YOU EVERYTHING:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iNEt60MoK_I

No comments:

Post a Comment