December 22, 2014

Bonus Post: From the Kap-files #12

From the Kap-files #12:

[I'm at the halfway point of this countdown, so surely you know by now that in 12 calendar days, my position is being eliminated at my job, and so I'm looking back through my files, mental or otherwise, representing nearly 11 years with the company ...]

#12:  As the story goes, a certain employee opened up the office file cabinets to discover this note (the image is a faithful recreation, like in those awful docu-stories on the TV) ... and seeing as how his last name was the second word of that call to action, he was somewhat surprised and concerned.

Ostensibly, the note was a reminder that we were switching background check companies (coincidentally, said employee shared his name with the departing company) and so the applications bundled in the rubber band would need to first have the insert swapped out with the form from the new company ... and that the note meant nothing more.

os.ten.si.bly (adverb):  apparently or purportedly, but perhaps not actually

And, in the wise words of Forrest Gump, "that's all I have to say about that".  (I couldn't *not* say SOMEthing in this retrospective ... but I also couldn't say EVERYthing, so I'll settle for the cryptic.)

No comments:

Post a Comment