December 24, 2014

Bonus Post: From the Kap-files #11

From the Kap-files #11:

[I'm past the halfway point of this countdown, so surely you know by now that in 11 calendar days, my position is being eliminated at my job, and so I'm looking back through my files, mental or otherwise, representing nearly 11 years with the company ...]

#11:  Tonight's post is dedicated to those whom we eventually stopped referring to as an acronym out of respect for all that they did for the students.  We also didn't necessarily have to complete these forms that I found from a group training we did ... because we hired the *best* ones who were always unbelievable employees.

I know I'm going to miss a few names from this list ... but here's to our part time team members (some of whom went on to full time roles) over eleven years (well, seven years before the center staffing model went away) who sat in that first seat seen when students (and parents ... and the occasional homeless person ... and people looking for other testing centers ... and people looking for the gym ... and the tanning lady looking for copies) and advised our students (and everyone else) in any number of ways (all of them outstandingly):  Emily A, Courtney B, Jon B, Matt B, Shomari B, Zach B, Mike C, Jack E, Jamechia H, Lauren F, Matty F, Rajesh G, Rupal G, Michael G, Mita G, Eric H, Jay K, Ruby K, Malwina K, Amy L, Adam M, Cody M, John M, Amy R, Hima R, Dana R, Deborah S, "Ethan" S, Jenny S, Magdana S, Tim S and Elena T (who is last and certainly not least and may have even been the best, were we allowed to choose favorites -- which I don't think we are).  One of those people on this list took the phrase "I'm so hard-working, I practically live in the center" to a new level and someone is not on the list because she only worked one shift and then left because she was afraid that the green light from the copier would harm her unborn babies (and she had stuff off the interwebs to back her up).

No doubt I forgot someone on this list (culled from past group emails and contact sheets I located in my files) ... but even if the name was omitted ... or misspelled ... or whatever ... the fact that they all contributed to my personal success over the years will never be forgotten!

No comments:

Post a Comment