December 18, 2014

Random Thought for Thursday 12/18/14

So ... after adding days 31 and 32 to my month of gratitude posts from November via the blog these last two weeks, I realized that all the other days were trapped in Facebook as exclusive content there.  Until tonight ... when I went backwards and notated all the things for which I was thankful as of this snapshot in time.  In no particular order (other than the order they were presented on the Facebook) ... THANK YOU ...

1.) to the 'hood kids for not tricking the homestead on Halloween when I had no treats.
2.)  to Master Zuckerberg for creating the Facebook world.
3.)  to Macy's for the sale on suit jackets.
4.)  to google images for supplying inspiring quotes.
5.)  to too many people who all served the communal purpose of offering up support when I shared bad news on the Facebook.
6.)  to black out blinds and black out curtains.
7.)  to Florida sunshine.
8.)  to the modern technological trouble-shooting tip known as the "power cycle".
9.)  to photo albums full of photos.
10.)  to that one pillow on the bed that perfectly fits my noggin.
11.)  to the vets (veterans).
12.)  to the vets (veterinarians)
13.)  to powdered sugar (i.e. on beignets).
14.)  to Guinness (and the bars that stock it).
15.)  to Wendy W (who was getting married that day).
16.)  to my quests.
17.)  to my pilots (past and present).
18.)  to the [post-dating] trickery built into the blog.
19.)  to the fact that the big 2014 move was to Florida and not Buffalo.
20.)  to bacon.
21.)  to garlic knots.
22.)  to super-heroes (specifically the Batman).
23.)  to the task known as yardwork.
24.)  to those that put their life on the line to protect us from lawlessness and anarchy.
25.)  to the combination of the DVR and on demand (which allowed me to 2.0 my television addiction).
26.)  to Golden Tee, whose 2015 version was getting played that night.
27.)  to NBC, for airing an encore of the Macy's parade for those who slept in on Thanksgiving.
28.)  to the fact that I have enough blessings to do this concept all month long.
29.)  to the TV gods for making it possible to see every Penn State game despite being in Chicago and Florida.
30.)  to YOU (and the ability to reconnect on the Facebook).
31.)  BONUS:  to whatever combination of nature and nurture that ensured I'm a happy drunk.
32.)  BONUS:  to the true colors exposed on the Facebook.

There you go ... that's my complete 2014 list during my season of gratitude.  Being twisted as I am, I kind of want to try another list of things for which I am ungrateful ... maybe next year?

DULY NOTED FOR NEXT YEAR:
http://thankfulfor.com/gratitude-season-tips-list.html

OR YOU CAN DO IT YEAR-ROUND:
http://getgratitude.co/

FIGHTING OFF THE UNGRATEFUL URGE:
http://www.drchristinahibbert.com/how-to-not-be-ungrateful/

No comments:

Post a Comment