December 18, 2014

Bonus Post: From the Kap-files #16

From the Kap-files #16:

[If you've been following along, then you already know that in 16 calendar days, my position is being eliminated at my job, and so I'm looking back through my files, mental or otherwise, representing nearly 11 years with the company ...]

#16: How can I say this one carefully?  In a competitive marketplace, it may be that a newer employee might happen to find himself or herself, upon walking home from our location, in the direct path of a similar business' location ... and that curiosity might be such that he or she might poke his or her head in, just to get a sense as to how the course of business was flowing a few blocks away...

... and that that employee may bring back the shocking report that employees of that other location may have created a cheat sheet of photos and descriptions of the people in your own office and that it was laying out where any newer employee with a curious streak might see it.

Which ... of course ... you know ... might just be "par for the competitive course" when you work for the better of the two companies ... or which might just stick in someone's craw nearly a decade later because he was described as short and bald (I'm tall in pacific rim countries AND I *choose* to get my hair cut this short).

Maybe.  Purportedly.  Avowedly.  Professedly.  Allegedly.  

No comments:

Post a Comment