December 21, 2014

Random Scandal Sheet for Sunday 12/21/14

What southern Florida is talking about this week:

Not so much about the whole holiday movie censorship thing (although who could have guessed that James Franco and Seth Rogen would start the apocalypse -- where's Dennis Rodman when you need him to ease this tension)... or even about the fact that it's the first day of winter and it's comfortably in the seventies (that's normal for this time of year) ...

Rather, it's all the news about Cuba that is taking over the airwaves.  Sadly, my knowledge of the situation is somewhat limited to the special ham sandwich and Gloria Estefan songs and some old JFK documentaries and the whole Guantanamo thing and how Ricky Ricardo always had some 'splaining to do and that the Jellyfish stung lady could swim there and how Beyonce and her man got away with breaking the law to visit and how my Uncle Paul might have smoked some of their cigars (allegedly) and that only in Miami is "Cooba" so far away (that last point courtesy of the Divine Miss M).

Of course, none of that random knowledge (and I had more than I thought when I searched my brain) quite prepared me for how things became very personal for those in the area with this week's news.  So -- begin the reeducation process now ... if only because I really had no idea how big the island was ... and also since I'm now living close enough for it to really matter!

THE CUBAN WITH WHOM I AM MOST ACQUAINTED:
http://icuban.com/food/cuban_sandwich.html

COOBA ... SO FAR AWAY:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zgSpL5MNZX4

LET THE REEDUCATION BEGIN (BUT NOT IN SOME COMMUNIST WAY):
http://www.cnn.com/2014/12/17/politics/cuban-embargo-questions-answers/


No comments:

Post a Comment