December 21, 2014

Bonus Post: From the Kap-files #13

From the Kap-files #13:

[I'm at the halfway point of this countdown, so surely you know by now that in 13 calendar days, my position is being eliminated at my job, and so I'm looking back through my files, mental or otherwise, representing nearly 11 years with the company ...]

#13:  *This* is a pre-great-recession story.

Once upon a time ... in a far-off organizational structure known as "Central" ... which encompassed many a midwestern state (and often all of Canada) ... throughout all of the land there would be an annual competition to be the best ... at ... well ... everything!  And in the calendar years 2006 and 2007, the "Central"-ians (not to be confused with those who still live in that coal town in PA that has remained on fire for decades) ... were deemed to be the best of the best.

The reward ... for two consecutive years, the "king" packed everyone up for a long four day weekend and celebrated with them in the wilds of Mexico (or, more accurately said, in a all-inclusive resort on each of the Mexican coasts ... first near Puerto Vallarta, and then near Cancun in the Maya Riviera for the second year).  I have many more pictures than the two I'm posting ... and JUST as many stories (probably more) ... but I don't have the time to get releases from everyone, so I'll only include the group shots.  (Note ... I *am* in the one above [actually, just my ear, because Shaun S is standing in front of me] but I missed the one below a year later because I was sleeping off "too much fun" from the night before and self-selected out of what I thought was an optional volleyball game.])

Sadly, our attempts at a three-peat were derailed by the arrival of the Great Recession and all that came after ... but those of us who were lucky to participate will always have Mexico!




No comments:

Post a Comment