December 25, 2014

Bonus Post: From the Kap-files #9

From the Kap-files #9:

[ReKap:  In 9 calendar days, my position is being eliminated at my job, and so I'm looking back through my files, mental or otherwise, representing nearly 11 years with the company ...]

#9:  What better day than today (Christmas itself) to feature some of the wonderful gifts that I got at the annual (pre-great-recession) holiday parties for the greater Chicagoland employees.

We competitively played the "white elephant" concept, where you had a number that could get called multiple times, permitting you to steal from others or choose a new gift.  And when I say competitive, I mean competitive, as that Jelly Belly branded candy dispenser was only won by me with some reality- show-level alliance building.  The nightlight bustier and the peppermint Christmas monkey (who still makes an annual appearance at the holidays, despite the fact that he lost his peppermintiness many years ago) were acquired more directly.  [As a bonus, I found photos from that holiday party where the monkey joined my family ...]  

Or, in other words ... Happy Holidays!



No comments:

Post a Comment