December 19, 2014

Bonus Post: From the Kap-files #15

From the Kap-files #15:

[I'm nearing the halfway point of this countdown, so surely you know by now that in 15 calendar days, my position is being eliminated at my job, and so I'm looking back through my files, mental or otherwise, representing nearly 11 years with the company ...]

#15:   It was always about the rally.  Sometimes on a small scale (we used to have regular rally meetings in our center) or for a specific product ... but, in really important times, it was a rally writ large.

And every rally needs a soundtrack ... which is what is seen here from the falls of 2005 and 2007 (not sure why we weren't musically oriented in the year in between).  If you know me, you know that I love a mixed tape almost as much as I love a countdown (well, a mixed CD, as these were created in the sweet spot between cassettes and playlists), so maybe I'll have to promote these on my random Tune for Tuesdays in a few years.  Oh -- and by the way -- as far as I know, since these are limited edition collector's items and were never for sale -- any singers or groups who are reading this and recognize their songs needn't worry about any infringements of any kind.  (And a second "by the way", there should have been an explicit lyrics warning on at least one of these CDs [courtesy of a certain Mr. Mathers {who was NOT an employee, just to be clear}].)

One last point of historical significance ... this was a true TEAM rally seeing as how each location in our geographical area submitted its own song for the collection, as clearly illustrated in the 2005 edition's liner notes, a bonus picture below.  And that folks ... is how you walk down a musical memory lane!


No comments:

Post a Comment