November 29, 2014

Random Posting for Penn State 11/29/14

Here are 9 Nittany Nuggets from today's game:

1.)  Well ... for the first time in a bit, the last game of the season is NOT the last game of the year!  Thanks again for the bowl ban lift, guys!
2.)  Full disclosure ... until I saw the picture of the Penn State Santa Claus in the crowd, I had fully intended to have the image accompanying this post be the Mile High Bacon Thickburger at Hardees/Carl's Jr, just because that commercial aired so much during the broadcast of the game.
3.)  Speaking of the broadcast, I don't know about y'all, but being where I am here in Florida, I had to miss the first six minutes of the game because ESPN2 was still showing a match up with a different team in blue and white.
4.)  Speaking of *that* game, I was once in Louisville (the victors, as I was forced to learn) ... the year it stood in for Nashville, which was supposed to be a stop on the drive back from Miami ... but which was flooded.  And that's all I know about Louisville.
5.)  And speaking of being here in Florida, what is that "snow" that they showed in a few pictures?  I don't think we have that down here.
6.)  Were those "boos" I heard from PState fans in the 4th quarter when we didn't go for it on 4th down?  *That's* not our style.
7.)  I've decided I like the noon games much better because I can watch and take a nap afterwards ... instead of trying to squeeze in a small nap at halftime.  (In other news, I'm getting older!)
8.)  DONOVAN ... nice move coming down from the box because HACKENBERG asked.  And HACKENBERG ... my wish for you this holiday is for Santa to bring you back your confidence (but not in his sack).  [See what I did there?  Get it?  Ok ... insert groan here ...]
9.)  Season field goal record.  Check!  ATTA BOY Lou Groza Award semi-finalist FICKEN!

In closing, thanks to the 17 seniors honored today for their commitment and their loyalty and their perseverance playing for four different head coaches:  Adrian Amos, DeShawn Baker, Brad Bars, Bill Belton, Drew Boyce, Jesse Della Valle, Miles Dieffenbach, Sam Ficken, Mike Hull, Ryan Keiser, Jesse Merise, CJ Olaniyan, Devin Pryor, TJ Rhattigan, Tyrone Smith, Deron Thompson and Zach Zwinak.  Cheers ... kudos ... congrats!

THE DONOVAN DECISION:
http://articles.philly.com/2014-10-27/sports/55451099_1_penn-state-notes-james-franklin-recruits

ATTA BOY FICKEN:
http://www.collegian.psu.edu/football/article_83749e1a-65cc-11e4-aafc-001a4bcf6878.html

A DIFFERENT LOOK AT THINGS ... THE RECRUITING CLASS OF 2010:
http://www.mcall.com/sports/college/psu/mc-penn-state-football-senior-day-20141127-story.html

No comments:

Post a Comment